This year’s Allotment Development Awards took place online at 7pm on Wednesday 19 August.
3 contenders competed to win one of the £500 prizes by telling us their plans for how they’d spend the money to develop their site. You can see their presentation slides / handouts below.
We’ll post an update on the outcome shortly!
- Brief welcome and explanation of the process
– Lambhill Allotments
– Oatlands Gate Allotments
– Springburn Allotments
- Announcement of winners
Casting your vote
Submissions are judged against 3 criteria:
- Caring for the Earth
- Building Your Association
- Making Local Connections
The voting process is simple, but to make it even simpler (and fairer), here’s a full guide to what you should think about when making up your mind:
‘Creating a Great Green Community’
Oatlands Gate Allotments
Our other awards
There are usually three awards for Glasgow plotholders and their allotment associations:
- Allotment Development Awards – for the best sustainable allotment site projects in the north western, north eastern, and southern areas of the city
- New Plotholders’ Awards – for those who have had a plot for up to a year.
- Saint Mungo’s Trophy – for the best allotment plot in the city (contact Glasgow City Council for details)
Of these three, we’re only running the Allotment Development Awards this year.
Hopefully, allotment life will be back to normal next year, and we’ll be in a potision to offer all three awards again.