(Okay, that’s a snail. There isn’t a slug emoji, though…)
From 20 January until 2 March 2020, the Royal Horticultural Society and Newcastle University are on a recruitment drive for 60 volunteers to help out with a year-long study.
- Be interested in learning more about slugs and how to identify them
- Be able to survey a garden at night for 30 minutes once a month for a full year
- Be willing to collect slugs and send them to our scientist
In return, you’ll receive:
- An invitation to a free face to face training course on slug identification (travel costs not covered)
- All the materials needed for the survey at no cost to you
- A free FSC guide to identifying slugs
- Personal correspondence and support from the RHS scientist leading this research
If you’re interested, slither on over to https://www.rhs.org.uk/science/help-our-research/slug-count and sign up!